Product Description & Reviews
Castrol EDGE is Castrol’s most advanced engine oil. It is a premium full synthetic oil that is designed for consumers who demand the best performance from their cars. Castrol EDGE is recommended by leading car manufacturers. Castrol EDGE is engineered with fluid titanium technology that physically changes the way the oil behaves under pressure. Castrol EDGE is 3X stronger against viscosity breakdown than the leading full synthetic and conventional motor oils* As a result of increased demand for performance and fuel economy, pressures in today’s engines have almost doubled over the last three decades. Greater pressure means more stress for the oil and the potential for more friction. As metal to metal contact increases, it causes wear and reduces performance. Underneath the hood, the pressure can reach 10 tons per square centimeter. That’s like five cars resting on a high heel relying only on a micro thin layer of oil for protection. So you need a strong oil to reduce friction, and to help increase horsepower and fuel economy. To combat the increased pressures faced in today’s engines, Castrol EDGE is engineered with fluid titanium technology that physically changes the way the oil behaves under pressure. Castrol’s patented titanium technology provides documented performance in friction reduction, anti-wear and deposit control protection. The titanium-based technology ensures performance and strength. Castrol EDGE is 3X stronger against viscosity breakdown than the leading premium full synthetic and conventional oils*. *Tested in the ASTM D6278 test in the 5W-30 viscosity grade
Features & Highlights
- 42 percent better rating on fighting power robbing deposits
- Superior engine protection vs conventional and synthetic blend oils
- Superior performance against deposits, wear and oxidation; Bottle Color: Black
- Meets dexos1 performance requirements, Chrysler MS 6395, Ford WSS-M2C929-A, Ford WSS-M2C946-A, Honda HTO-06
- Exceeds ILSAC GF-5, API SN, ACEA A1/A5, ACEA B1/B5
- Castrol® EDGE® is 3X stronger than Mobil 1TM against viscosity breakdown* *Tested in the ASTM D6278 test in the 5W-30 viscosity grade.
- Castrol® recommends the use of Bosch oil filters
|Package Weight:||29.8 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.4 x 10.1 x 10.1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.