Product Description & Reviews
Evans Heavy Duty Waterless Engine Coolant, EC61001, is the right choice for all heavy duty diesel, CNG and LNG engines, in both stationary and on-road applications. It is especially effective in severe-duty applications where water-based coolants are challenged. Evans Heavy Duty Coolant defends against heat-related damage while allowing the engine to continue producing its peak horsepower. Without vapor formation, pump and wet-sleeve liner cavitation are eliminated, and EGR cooler tubes are protected from heat-induced fatigue which results in tube cracking. Fuel economy improvement and emissions reduction are possible from being able to raise the operating temperature without fear of overheating. When converting an engine from a water-based coolant to waterless coolant, great care should be given during the installation (conversion) process to ensure that all of the old water-based coolant is removed before installing Evans coolant. It is recommended that the system be flushed with Evans Prep Fluid, EC42001, prior to installing any waterless coolant. When the installation is complete, the water content of the coolant should be no more than 3 percent. If the water is above that limit, the coolant will perform no better than water-based antifreeze. Evans Heavy Duty Coolant contains a bittering agent/bitterant. Comes with funnel for easy pouring, color may vary
Features & Highlights
- Specially formulated for use in all heavy duty diesel, CNG, and LNG engines, in both stationary and vehicle applications Especially effective in severe-duty service such as vocational and off-road
- Ready to use Requires no supplemental coolant additive (SCA) additions Contains no phosphates, silicates, borates, amines, or nitrite
- Has a high boiling point of 375 Degree F and provides low temperature protection to -40F Will not vaporize, eliminating boilover and after-boil Generates low system pressures, prevents coolant loss, and reduces strain on cooling system components
- Contains no water, effectively eliminating corrosion, wet-sleeve liner and water pump cavitation erosion Minimizes the potential for corrosion and electrolysis issues, and reduces maintenance costs
- During installation ensure that all of old water-based coolant and water is removed before installing this product
|Package Weight:||20.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.19 x 8.19 x 8.19 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.