Permatex Penetrating Grade Threadlocker Green Formula is a low viscosity threadlocking liquid that wicks along the threads of preassembled fasteners to secure them in place. Since it is applied after assembly, preventive maintenance procedures are simplified. Ideal for fasteners ranging from 2.2 to 12mm (#2 to 1/2") in size. Localized heating and hand tools are needed for disassembly. Applied as a liquid or gel, threadlockers are superior to conventional lock washers, nylon inserts, and other mechanical devices because they secure the entire fastener assembly against loosening from shock and vibration by filling the space between threaded metal parts, curing to form a tough, adhesive bond and seal. They also seal the threads against leakage, preventing rust and corrosion.
Features & Highlights
- Low viscosity threadlocking liquid secures preassambled fasteners in place
- Ideal for fasteners ranging from 2.2 to 12 mm in size
- Localized heating and hand tools are needed for disassembly
- Suggested Applications: Bolts on alternators, air conditioning belts and distributor clamps, carburetor adjustment screws, hairline cracks
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specified
|Package Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.4 x 4.4 x 4.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Permatex, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Loctite 243 Medium Strength Surface Insensitive thread locker features a general purpose, medium strength, blue thread locker with a high oil tolerance. It has a higher temperature range than all the other blue thread lockers at 360F. For fasteners b...